The Guild Podcast Season 2-Episode 26
What happened in December?
- Took a break – Why did I do it that way?
- Wanted to take a small sabbatical from content development
- Doing some research about “Inter-Collegiate Practice”
- Started a new job as the Chief Instructor for the Piping Department
What’s happening with the blog? (Written portion)
- On hiatus right now – didn’t allow the time to grow in my writing, might circle back to it- might not.
- Felt I was more effective with my ‘sarcasm perspective’ – not sure that’s something I want to build a blogging platform on/with.
- Review of Last Year’s Goals / Calendars / Shortfalls
- Tweaked my four Life Categories
- Kept the goals to two for the year – what was fundamentally important to me for my success in 2018? How would I define and strategize success?
- WAG Goal 1 – lose 75 lbs by Dec 15.
- WAG Goal 2 – move the ELTT group into a capstone project-based program.
- What does that look like? How am I going to work towards those two goals? – how does a building get built? One brick at a time. And every building begins with a plan (blueprints).
Changes to the structure of the podcast
- Why change the structure? – based on some feedback I’m trying out the shorter episodes and remodeling the production a tiny bit. Still doing my own production so there will always be room for improvement.
- Like to change things up a bit but I also want to hear back from you
Leadership in the Trades
- Leadership has always been an area of interest for me – as far back as I can remember I’ve always been involved in some kind of leadership.
- I’ve had some great leaders in my life. I’ve also gravitated towards some great leaders from history – their bios fascinate me.
- As a tradesperson, I was fortunate to have had some great teachers, mentors, and colleagues and they have always inspired me to do my best.
- That carried over into my career at BCIT and eventually led me to a Masters degree in leadership.
- What can you do with that?
- What it’s taught me
- Leadership in Trades segment for the podcast
- Leadership principles
- Leadership styles
- Leadership trends
- Practical leadership applications – LOOK OUT FOR IT!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email |